The Ferret Fact Sheet
Hey all, I have found an awesome list of facts, these should entertain your children or even yourselves for a long time.
- A male ferret is called a hob.
- Young ferrets are called kittens or kits.
- Fuzzies are pure carnivores!
- A female ferret is called a jill.
- Ferrets need vaccinations against canine distemper.
- Ferrets have relatively poor eyesight.
- The Latin name for ferret is Mustela Putorius Furo.
- Fuzzies have a keen sense of smell and hearing.
- Ferrets are very playful, and are very entertaining to watch.
- Ferrets have an average length of roughly 20 inches.
- An average ferret litter is 6 – 8 but can be up to 12!
- Ferrets can live up to 8 years, sometimes longer!
- Little Fuzzies will attempt to get through any gaps, anywhere!
- Hobs (Male) Can be twice as big as Jills (Female).
- Ferrets are one of the most curious pets!
- Fuzzies have been domesticated for over 2,000 years!
- Bathing a ferret too much actually makes them smell worse!