The Ferret Fact Sheet
Hey all, I have found an awesome list of facts, these should entertain your children or even yourselves for a long time. I had a quiz with my children to see who get the answer correct! There were not a huge amount of correct answers but everyone had fun, ok here they are I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
- A male ferret is called a hob.
- Young ferrets are called kittens or kits.
- Fuzzies are pure carnivores!
- A female ferret is called a jill.
- Ferrets need vaccinations against canine distemper.
- Ferrets have relatively poor eyesight.
- The Latin name for ferret is Mustela Putorius Furo.
- Fuzzies have a keen sense of smell and hearing.
- Ferrets are very playful, and are very entertaining to watch.
- Ferrets have an average length of roughly 20 inches.
- An average ferret litter is 6 – 8 but can be up to 12!
- Ferrets can live up to 8 years, sometimes longer!
- Little Fuzzies will attempt to get through any gaps, anywhere!
- Hobs (Male) Can be twice as big as Jills (Female).
- Ferrets are one of the most curious pets!
- Fuzzies have been domesticated for over 2,000 years!
- Bathing a ferret too much actually makes them smell worse!
Ferret facts are all over the place, the most interesting thing about ferrets is that there is a huge amount of knowledge available about them, that because they are not a constantly discussed topic among every body unlike other animals, there is some very awesome ferret facts that a lot of people do not know about, they are related to the skunk family which is why they have that wonderful smell about them, hehe. If you have any of your own facts that you would like to have on our facts page, then please email them into us so we can add them to our website, fuzzies rule!